Friday 2 December 2011

Prince2 project management course

My employers sent me on a Prince2 project management course this week and to say it was time consuming would be an understatement! The course involves a great deal of classroom work, with 2 exams during the week and homework/study every evening. It does take over your life for 5 days!

You sit an exam on the Wednesday which gives you a Foundation Certificate (I passed that one), then the focus is on the Practitioner exam which you sit on the Friday afternoon. The Friday exam is tough, no doubt about that, I hope I did enough to pass (pass mark is 55%), but unfortunately you don't find out for a few weeks. To be honest this certification doesn't mean much to me personally, but it would be shame not to pass after investing so much time and energy into it.

Back to training and racing stuff, I've got a XC race on Sunday down in Swansea. Apparently it's renowned as a tough course, couple that with soft ground from the recent weather, it sounds like it's going to be a tough day at the office! It could be interesting - watch this space!

2 comments:

Turbo Man said...

I did Prince2 a couple of years ago and, like you, it doesn't excite me, although it seems that its a worthwhile Q on your CV.

Mark "Frank" Whittle said...

Exactly right, good on the CV but that's about it!